Thursday, April 12, 2007

Let's Try that Again

This morning, I went down to check on the drying results. It was all fine and I grabbed some 400 grit paper in order to do some leveling. On the soundboard I found a groove where it looked like someone had dragged a screwdriver across the wood, leaving an indented line.

I don't know - I imagine the pixies came into the work shop, just to keep me off balance.

I got out a lower numbered sandpaper and rubbed the mark out before starting again with the Z-Epoxy. I think I am using this product correctly I rubbed the back and sides down leaving the shiny spots only where the wood pores were. The surface feels smooth like clean glass.

1 comment:

David said...

I have had that happen with all three of my guitars now. What I found is that I would accidentally drag a thumbnail or fingernail across the wood without noticing during the sanding. I just did this a couple of days ago with the OOO I am building now. It went all the way from the bottom of the soundhole to almost the bottom of the guitar top. Fortunately, I was able to wet the dent and then hit it with a heat gun. That raised it back to the surface.

Unfortunately, I did it to the finished top of my Dreadnought, and the back of my OM. I had to do a bunch of sanding and polishing to get it fixed.