Friday, June 22, 2007

Hibernating

I’ve gone into hibernation. With winter setting in, I can not imagine spending cold nights down in the shed, it is barely warm enough in the house – I know that David will be calling me a sook right about now.

I think my next attempt will be a scratch build with the cheapest local wood I can find, I’ve added up the costs and the project and it will still work out the be around AU$250.00 + and to get started I will need to buy a band saw at least. Then I have to learn how to use a router properly to make dishes etc.

I need to find some time. I’ve put aside a lot of other things over the last 12 months in order to research and make guitars. I still have the passion but I can see it waning in the cold weather.

In short – things might be a little slow around here in the immediate future.

If you want to get in contact with me in the mean time put this email address all together - teds online @ gmail . com

4 comments:

David said...

Hmmm, lets get this straight. First you say you have never seen or touched snow on your myspace page, and yet you say it is too cold? What is your definition of cold?

You sook! (whatver that word means, I never heard it before!)

lol, just kidding. Hey I understand that sometimes undesirable weather can take all the fun out of your hobbies, especially with no heat or AC. I will keep checking in from time to time to see when you start up again.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam Price said...

Aww, don't stop over the winter!!

My workshop gets VERY cold, I just move my work and the dehumidifier into the kitchen, and return it when I'm done. The bulk of my cittern build was done over the winter months. The dehumidifier only when on when I wanted to regulate the RH at around 45% for cross-grain glueing. :-)

Greg said...

Hibernating in Western Australia?

Come on mate back to it!