Sunday, July 23, 2006

Christmas in July

I reckon by this time tomorrow, I'll be holding my kit. Below are the details from DHL.

July 19, 2006 16:12 Zanesville, OH - USA Shipment picked up
July 19, 2006 18:41 Zanesville, OH - USA Departing origin
July 20, 2006 00:25 Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH - USA Departing origin
July 20, 2006 04:53 Wilmington - Clinton Field, OH - USA Departed from DHL facility in Wilmington - Clinton Field - USA
July 22, 2006 12:01 Singapore - Hub - Singapore Departed from DHL facility in Singapore - Hub - Singapore
July 23, 2006 09:46 Perth - Australia Arrived at DHL facility in Perth - Australia
July 23, 2006 09:46 Perth - Australia Clearance processing complete at Perth - Australia

It'll feel like Christmas morning, ripping open the boxes to look at the goodies inside. Unfortunately it will be just like the Christmas present that no one bothered to get batteries for... I won't be able to play with it straight away.

After searching online and in my local stores, I was unable to get a copy of Cumpiano's book. I had borrowed a copy from my (new) local public library. I am again concerned with humidity and have been considering the box that Andy reported about to the Guitar Builders Forum.

Also, I've started (thanks Greg) to think about finishes. I was thinking that there would be an endless supply of finished for musical instruments in Australia. Although today is the first time I gone to research the subject, there certainly does not seem to be an abundant supply. I might have to have a yarn with a few local experts when I get closer to that phase.

I am also starting to think about tools required, making gobars and the like. That way I'll be kept busy while the wood gets used to being a sandgroper.

I just want to get started. At least I can watch the StewMac video.

Time taken : Nil
Tools used : Nil
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: