Monday, July 31, 2006

My first "I didn't think that through"

I got home from work and went to have a look to see if the auto putty had set on the cauls. Well it had, but I had not thought it through enough. Obviously (now) the neck block has a channel where the neck fits in - this is mirrored onto the caul - and therefore a lump is formed on one of the cauls. Won't be too much of a problem. Should be able to fix it with a slight sanding, using the curve of the end block.



Today, I headed over to my specialty woodworking shop, Carbatec. I spent more hard earned buying a scraper and one of those Japanese saws - everything around the house is for cutting large jobs. Whilst there I got worried about the strength of the glue I bought yesterday. I bought a tube with the words like "professional", "super strength" and "premium" on the tube. I am a victim.

Time taken : 5 minutes + Shopping
Tools used : Nil
AU$'s spent : $28.00 Japanese saw, $5.00 wood scraper, $11.00 Titebond II wood glue.

No comments: