Sunday, November 05, 2006

What am I doing?

Should I be researching my next guitar before I have even finished this one? I haven't picked up a guitar (to play) in about 100 days, what would I do with another one? What am I going to do with myself over the next couple of weeks, whilst I wait for the finish to cure... I could have started on my next one...

What if this one turns out sounding like an elastic band stretched over a wet cardboard box?

Do I really need to spend all that money of building something flash or should I just try another basic kit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing exactly the same thing Ted. As I'm finishing up the Stemac mahogany dred, I'm looking at the LMI rosewood OM... told my wife what "the next one" is going to cost... looking at the variables, woods, etc... probably won't submit the order until Dec or after, but thinking about it. All the time, too, thinking - I don't even know how this first one is going to turn out sound-wise.

Wayne said...

Can a person really have too many guitars?

OK, maybe the answer is yes but there is no point in waiting until you have forgotten all the lessons of your first guitar.