Thursday, May 01, 2008

I am really happy with the way that the dishes have turned out. Without wanting to blow my own horn - I think they are accurate and I am really pleased. I could certainly produce them for less than US$100 (if you consider postage) - but I doubt I'll be starting an AU business in the near future.

Anyway I reflected on an old post tonight and read where I set myself some challenges,

- Learn to sharpen tools, in particular chisels
- Buy a band saw and consider buying a sanding station
- Order wood and supplies
- Construct a side bending machine
- Construct a mold
- Make a go-bar deck
- Make sanding dishes

So I have checked off three of those things. I tried to sharpen the chisels tonight... they are better, but I still miles away from shaving hairs off the arm.

Now that I have worked out I can mount the jigsaw in the Triton table, I don't think I need to buy the bandsaw this week. I bought a :WASP sanderso I have a basic setup. The gobar deck should be easy enough... so I am somewhat on my way.

Oh and I've been to LMI and ordered up. KTM-9, white glue, inlay spiral bit, radius sanding block for the fret board, fret file... US$130.00 + US$45.00 postage...geezz

Time taken :
Tools used :
AU$'s spent : US$175.00

No comments: