Monday, February 19, 2007

Can you spot it?

I think I've finished patching up my great big blue. After pressing the pieces back together, I ran superglue in to the joins and then used saw dust in clear epoxy to fill up some minor flaws that I caused with a razor blade.

Here is the results. I wiped the area with a wet rag, just to highlight what it'll look like once the finish is on. Firstly, here is area... can you spot the cracks?



Couldn't see them? Try this one. I have laid the rulers down on the outsides of the section that was previously raised.



From the side, you would never know.



I am happy with the results. I still wish it never happened but at least I know I (and you) can do it now.

In other news, the fret board went on tonight - frets included.

1 comment:

David said...

Hi Ted,

Looks great! The repair is pretty difficult to see and I am sure it will all but disappear once the finish goes on. Well done.