Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Slowly slowly does it

Tonight I have made no progress. I have settled on the fact that this can be fixed, but it is important to take my time and make sure I don't make things worse. I have been unable to get the raise piece of the back, "the splinter" to push down into place. The edges of the splinter are bracing it, holiding it above the back. I can't push it to the side and get it to slide back.

I came up with a plan. I thought about this most of the day and saw the process on Fret.com. Tonight I made a turn buckle with the plan of pushing the sides apart, ever so slightly, thereby increasing the gap and letting "the splinter" fall back into place.

As soon as I applied pressue I heard a new cracking noise. Ther pressure came off the turn buckle straight away.

No comments: