Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Great Service

Even in bad times - I really wanted to let you about the great service that I have received from Andy DePaule from DePaule Supply. I thought it better to give this subject its own post.

On my last guitar, I put in a letter W inlay into the head. Last week I ordered three more from Andy. When my order arrived, the letter W looked different. I got it home, took some photos and emailed Andy with my concerns - expecting that for the $7.50 worth of business, he'd fob me off, telling me that his supply had changed etc etc.

Here is the photo



and here is an edited version of Andy's reply.

Dear Ted,
Looks like I made a mistake on your order, Sorry.
Not sure what the heck I was thinking.
I will send out the right items today to replace those.
Please do not spend your money returning those other letters.
Perhaps you will meet a luthier who can use an "M".
Best wishes,
Andy
No hassles. Excellent service. Last week I would have highly recommend Andy for his product. Now I know he backs it up with service. If you consider his overheads along with the cost of sending two packages to another continent. Andy's made a loss on this sale - without blinking an eyelid.
It never occured to me that they were M's - not W's

No comments: