Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fingerboard attached

Most of the sanding of the body has been completed. I can't say it's finished because that would mean that I have to start with the finish... and I still have no idea which product or methods I am going to use.

One thing I am happy is that the initial sectioned appearance remained on the soundboard. I like the subtle effect that the lines cause - It looks like wood. Does that make sense?



I still have to dampen the grain and sand further but I am getting there. I might also bring the binding back further with still a finer grade of paper... I don't know yet.



Tonight I glued the fingerboard onto the guitar neck. I'm back to those sleepness nights of wondering and waiting to find out how it'll look when I take off the clamps... in this case the elastic bands."



The blue strip that you can see is a thin piece of masking tape that I hope will stop the glue spilling into the truss rod channel.



My suggestion for others would be start winding the elastic band at the block end and make sure you wind the band as far down as you can. It's not difficult.

Time taken : 1 hour
Tools used : glue, sand paper, electric sander, clamps, scrap wood
AU$'s spent : Nil

1 comment:

earl said...

you have the greatest pics! always worth checking out.