Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cross Brace Done

Last night I glued my cross braces together. Somewhere I had heard of firming the join between these tow braces with epoxy. Some people use a piece of fabric and others, like Robert O'Brien use a small piece of wood over the top of the brace. I simply settled for the expoxy, no great reason just that this way the joint is guaranteed to be solid.

Today I glued the cross brace to the top with LMI white glue. Simply process and although the brace slid around a little on the glue, the fact that they were already glued together meant I could control both at the same time.

I bruised the cross braces a little with the tension of the clamps, nothing serious that I won't be able to sand out.

Time taken : 20 minutes
Tools used : Glue, clamps
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: