Sunday, January 28, 2007

Happy Australia Day

Sorry everyone, I've been busy celebrating Australia Day. I have received my reply from LMI;

Hi Ted,
I read your post on the forum and understand your concerns. We are going to change our packaging so that a large sticker on the neck block lets you know that you must trim it a bit prior to installing it. We could trim these ourselves prior to shipping the neck blocks, however that would limit those who would like a top thickness that is outside the norm.
At this point if you have already installed the neck block we recommend you dowel the holes and redrill them so that they align appropriately with the neck inserts.
Natalie Swango
General Manager
Luthiers Mercantile Int. Inc.


I am still left thinking that as I paid to have the top radiused as well as the for the serviced neck and block... I shouldn't have run into this problem. I am still just a bit sour over the whole situation. Still it is not the end of the world... I'll just have to move on.
At least the correspondence that David, I and others (I guess) sent has caused for the change that will help others that follow.

2 comments:

David said...

Hi Ted,

Other than the first part of that e-mail, the rest is a word for word duplicate of the e-mail I got. Hmmmm, it kind of looks like a cut and paste response that they have used in the past.

David

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.