Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another day off?

Again there was no work today (I am all but in strike) so I got to play around with my guitar. It poured down today, cats and dogs kids of weather - an amazing thing last night, I went to glue the last of the centre line braces to my back board. The wood was like a realy firm putty... I could bend it between two fingers... now I understand (or start to) humidity.

Being wet, I am limited as to what I can do, but I have finished the braces.



This morning I built 15 more clamps, just like I did yesterday and then I started making dry runs at getting the sound board onto the edges.



I am amazed at the amount of pressure that this box will be under - no gluing or elsewise today - I have to wait until the humidity settles down. Who would dare glue their box shut in this weather?




Time taken : 3 hours
Tools used : hack saw, drill press, saw table, glue, rulerd
AU$'s spent : $27.00 again

No comments: