Thursday, August 03, 2006

The mold is on

After dinner I cut the cardboard required to make the mold and then headed down to the shed, cut some blocks of wood and then started putting the mold together.



I had been dreading pushing the waist clamp over the sides for a while. As it ended, I felt that it was too tight the first time and then I too a few minutes to file and sand back. The next time, the waist slid firmly over the sides - it felt right.



The sides do not exactly follow the cardboard sides but when I messure the length and widths from the plan to my actual shape, they are fairly close so I am happy.

I know I really haven't done anything to date - but it's impressive to stand back and think - that's starting to look like a guitar.

Time taken : 1 hour
Tools used : Stanley trimmer/craft knife, hand saw, wood, super glue, sand paper, wood file
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: