Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy Again

I really don't know what you were all so worried about. I always knew that those bindings would work out okay. They are not great but I am impressed that they are not as bad as I was expecting. I found as I scraped back, the white/black/white bindings suddenly appeared. I did not get all the black smudges off the sound board but they have certainly improved and I expect that they will disappear during sanding.



For some reason the binding did not take in two places at the neck block so I have reglued them. Perhaps there was left over glue from glueing on the blocks.



The answer to last nights quiz? I forgot to glue in the binding along the tail block, the end wedge. The end result is not a tight as it should be but it is okay.



Time taken : 1.5 hours
Tools used : scraper, craft knife, Weldon 16
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: