Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's just like golf



I have worked out that this guitar making business is like golf. I used to play a little and I remember that you would spend hours and hours slicing and hooking all over the place and then you'd get that one good shot. The perfect drive or the 15 foot putt. That shot would convince you that you were capable of playing like a pro and get you back next week.



Tonight I made the second set of cross braces, shaped them and then slotted the reliefs for the other braces and bridge plate. I am on fire. It all felt good and I really enjoyed my time tonight. Now I am not saying that it is perfect - but it's mine. After last nights last minute dash to have the old braces taken off I felt like I was going in the right direction again.



Time taken : 3.5 hours
Tools used : sandpaper, coping saw, Japanese saw, spring and normal clamps, craft knife, pencil, ruler, T Square, rags.
AU$'s spent : Nil

1 comment:

Blog said...

I'll look forward to seeing you build coming together - Give me a yell if you would like some assistance with the blog.