Sunday, August 20, 2006

A family moment

With all trimming the sides and kerfing done and after a few dry clamping runs, I have reached the point where I will close the box - put the back on. I thought that it would be nice to have my two daughters write on the back. I'll remember it's there a long time after they have grown up - gets back to one of my reasons for making my own guitar in the first place.

Courtney (7 years old) wrote a message like a short biography, mentioning where she was born and when. Brooke (4) simply wrote her name.



I've also started working at putting the inlay into the fret board. I cut up small squares of the pearl inlay I bought last week and started inlaying it into a piece of pine. I am a little concerned that I will develop a technique that will only suit soft woods. I am back to craft knife, scraping, slowly slowly does it.

Time taken : 2 hours
Tools used : clamps, pencil, craft knife,
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: