Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Braces and Headstock

I’ve continued with gluing the braces to the soundboard and it seems like everything is going along as planned. Obviously my progress is limited by the number of clamps that I have available and the amount of surface area on which to place those clamps.



Tonight I made a brief start on my neck, or should I say the headstock. I glued the overlay onto the headstock. I have a little concern over the glue squeeze out on the inside of the headstock, it was only once the cauls were in place that I thought about it. If I was to do it again, I’d consider packing the inside of the head with some paper or something to absorb most of the glue.





Time taken : 2 hours
Tools used : glue, clamps, scrap wood, tape, cardboard, ruler, rags
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: