Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Lid Is On !

I have just this minute come inside from gluing on my sound board. It was a little stressful and I was madly zipping around screwing down the bolts on my homemade clamps. I felt there was plenty of glue and in most places I had a decent squeeze out of the glue but in other places none at all - more stress.



It really wasn't that difficult - my greatest concern is that the ends remained square as I forced the bottom up to fit in under the sound board. I guess that it must be - if my measurements are correct - I only had to shift in about 1/8th anyway, so it's not going to be a huge difference.

Recalling this evening - I also signed the sound board and wrote "August 2006 - The First One - Stewart Macdonald OOO" - Stupid me, I signed on the nice flat surface of the bridge plate base, the surface that will soon have 6 holes drilled into it! Mess up number #??? complete.

Time taken : 1 hour
Tools used : glue, clamps, socket set and ring spanner.
AU$'s spent : Nil

No comments: