Thursday, August 31, 2006

Off Topic: Corporate Kindness

Regular readers will know that I have spent a fair bit of time (and money) in my local Bunnings store of late. Tonight I took my two daughters to Bunnings for a Fathers Day craft workshop.

Now I have no corporate experience, I know little about running a business and I am not old enough to remember "the good ol' days" (I don't think) but this is something that I don't think you'll find in a business text book anywhere these days. When was the last time that you saw a large company, openly showing what I have dubbed Corporate Kindness.... apparently, it used to be common place and slid past the accountants under the title, good will.

Tonight I made two tool boxes with my daughters. One is for a grandfather, the other is for their mother (?). I am unable to explain how impressed I am with the staff and their efforts. Not only did the company supply the hardware, the paint and the three staff members, they also arranged dinner, drinks, mini golf and at least one gift for everyone that attended.

All that was expected of us was to have a good time and take home a happy memory - and if possible, a completed toolbox.

Rare to say the least. Bravo I say.

Time taken : Nil
Tools used : Nil
AU$'s spent : Nil

1 comment:

earl said...

cool.